The NTBS offers a range of special scholarships and awards to recognise our exceptional students
The Awards Ceremony is held at our annual Christmas party
Junior and Senior School
The NTBS awards a half scholarship to the most deserving student in the Junior School and the Senior School – this monetary scholarship is for your daughter or son’s fees for the following year. Your child’s name will also be etched on the scholarship plaque that proudly hangs in the Foyer of the Ballet School. The NTBS scholarships are based on:
- Determination and a hard working application
- Most Promising
Special Awards are designed to reward the students that have consistently given of their best over the year from Grade One up in Classical ballet and all levels in Jazz Tap and Contemporary. They are NOT Awarded on talent. They are awarded to the student that has:
- Excellent attendance
- Excellent work application
- Excellent dedication
- A lovely manner in the classroom
- Interactive in the classroom
- A lovely healthy determination
- Remembers corrections
- Polite and aware of others
Full Time Awards and Scholarships
The Full Time students are also rewarded for their hard work and dedication.
- Kathleen Gorham Award– honouring the wonderful Australian Ballerina and innovative teacher who shaped so many professional dancers lives (including your Artistic Director Beverly Jane Fry)
- Awarded to the most promising Advanced Diploma Full Time Student
- Jocelyn De Cardi Scholarship – in memory of all her immense work and support for The NTBS
- Awarded to the most promising Diploma Full Time Student
- Most Outstanding Performance in our Christmas Season of Dance
- Artistic Award – most outstanding level of artistry throughout the year – sponsored by Studio 7 Dancewear
- Most Improved Certificate IV Full Time Student
All Awards and Scholarships are monetary.
We are very proud of each and every one of our scholarship and special award winners.
The school also endeavours to assist new students that are interested in pursuing the experience and opportunity of studying full time.