Students / Staff need to Report the complaint or grievance to the School Administrator.
The process will begin within ten (10) working days of receiving the complaint in writing.
1. In the event the grievance cannot be settled by the Administrator it will then be referred to the Director who will bring the appropriate parties together, if deemed necessary, to reach a resolution.
2. If the student or staff member is unsatisfied with the Director’s response and suggested action to be taken, the matter must then be referred to the General Manager as CEO of the organisation for further deliberation.
3. The complainant or appellant has the right to formally present their case. Each party can be accompanied by a support person.
4. The student’s enrolment will be maintained while the complaints and appeals process is ongoing.
5. This service must provide a written statement of the appeal outcome, including reasons for the decision.
Appeal Process (External)
Should the internal complaints procedure not reach a satisfactory solution for the student of staff member, a mutually acceptable independent mediation/ conflict resolution service will be employed. The Appeal process will be at minimal cost to the student.
1. This service will be provided by Cornwall Stodart. The outside mediator’s role is not to alter the decision but to confirm that correct procedures have been followed.
2. This service must provide a written statement of the appeal outcome, including reasons for the decision.
3. The National Theatre will act immediately to implement any decision and/or corrective and preventative actions required and advise the complainant of the outcome.
Appeal Process (Assessments)
A student may ask to be reassessed if dissatisfied by the assessment process and its outcomes. Costs incurred as a result of the reassessment will be met by the individual party requesting the reassessment.