The National Theatre Ballet School Enrolment Policy
Student Code of Conduct
1. Students must attend all scheduled classes. Attendance below 90% will result in a result of Not Yet Competent for the entire course.
2. In case of injury, all students must watch their relevant classes and take notes.
3. Punctuality for all classes is essential. If more than fifteen minutes late the student will be asked to watch and not participate.
4. Correct uniform must be worn to all classes and rehearsals.
5. All written work must be submitted by the due date as specified by the principal teacher. Late work will result in a loss of marks and a failure to complete assignments will result in a “Not Yet Competent” for that unit.
6. Written work must be legible and clear enough for photocopying.
7. Poor behaviour and/or lack of co-operation, consideration and respect will not be tolerated.
8. Concentration, effort and positive approach are essential in all classes.
9. Students who display a lack of discipline, poor behaviour, lack of respect or who fail to conform to the School’s standards and requirements will be subject to the following procedure:
a. Student will be given an initial verbal warning from the Director in the presence of a witness.
b. Student will be issued a written warning.
c. Student will be issued a written notice stating that they are on a probationary period lasting one month, and that any further indiscretion during this time will result in either suspension from the course or cancellation of enrolment at the discretion of the Director.
Progression from Certificate IV to Diploma to Advanced Diploma
1. Students who are deemed Competent in Certificate IV are automatically eligible to enrol in the Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance) for the following year. Students who were deemed Not Yet Competent in Certificate IV may still be eligible to enrol in Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance) where the Director, at her discretion, has specifically permitted the student to do so.
2. Students who are deemed Competent in Diploma are automatically eligible to enrol in the Advanced Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance) for the following year. Students who were deemed Not Yet Competent in Diploma may still be eligible to enrol in Advanced Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance) where the Director, at her discretion, has specifically permitted the student to do so.
3. Students may defer their enrolment in any of the three courses for a period of no longer than 12 months. If a period of longer than 12 months elapses and the student has not returned to the school, then they will need to re-audition before they are eligible to re-enrol in the course.